Brief History of the School
The institution was originally established as a Boarding House in April 1911, in
Ajmer exclusively to care for Christian orphans. Named after the Saint Angela of
Merici, the Saint who cared for the poor orphans, the orphanage was transferred
to Jaipur on 25th February, 1926. The institution still exists and caters to
poor, underprivileged Catholic children. In course of time the day – school, now
known as St. Angela Sophia Sr. Sec. School was started; the first day scholar was admitted in 1928. Since then, the institution has opened its doors to children of all creeds.
St. Angela Sophia School is administered by the Mission Sisters of Ajmer who have dedicated their lives to God and are rendering devoted services
in the field of women education and the upliftment of humanity. It is one of the links in the chain of the Sophia Schools in Rajasthan. It is under the jurisdiction of the Director General / President of Roman Catholic Diocesan Education Society, Ajmer.
The school was affiliated to Rajasthan Board till 1996. Now the institution is
affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education preparing students in Science, Humanities and Commerce streams.
A landmark in the history of Sophia School was created with the starting of class XI in July 1970. Class XII was started in July 1989. The Ex-Angelite Association was established in 1997 and a guidance and counseling cell was also setup in 1997.
Page Updated: January 23, 2012